The Electoral Boundaries Commission has completed their review of state electorate boundaries.
Under the new redistribution, from next year’s election a number of changes will occur for electorates in the Eastern Metropolitan Region including renaming of the entire region to ‘North-Eastern Metropolitan Region’ which will include the seats of Bundoora and Mill Park.
- Bayswater will shift south, and pick up all of Wantirna, parts of Wantirna South and Ferntree Gully, and lose Heathmont, Bayswater North, Kilsyth South and parts of The Basin,
- Box Hill will lose sections of Surrey Hills and Nunawading, and pick up Box Hill South and Blackburn South,
- Bulleen will pick up small parts of Doncaster East,
- Croydon will lose part of Warranwood and Kilsyth, but pick up sections of Croydon South, Bayswater North and Kilsyth South.
- Forest Hill and Mount Waverley will merge to make the new electorate of Glen Waverley, with many outer suburbs of those electorates being shifted into their neighbouring electorates.
- Ringwood will pick up Heathmont and parts of Forest Hill, Nunawading and Blackburn, while losing part of Ringwood North.
- Warrandyte will pick up parts of Ringwood North, Warranwood, and also a large part of Chirnside Park.
To find out more about the redistribution visit https://www.ebc.vic.gov.au/CurrentRedivision/FinalBoundaries.html